- Tell us something interesting about yourself we might not know?
My name actually means ’thank you very much’ and I am passionate about charity; especially for widows and orphans.
- What’s your job title?
- Explain what that means in 20 words or less!
My role is to support the ever increasing role of Minerva as it relates to preparing Commercial Legal Agreements and Contract Monitoring Process
- What’s the first thing you do when you get in the office or start work at your desk?
Say “Hi” to everyone, whisper a short prayer, put on my laptop and start the business of the day.
- Tea or coffee?
Hmmmm…. Just thinking!!! I think water.
- On a typical day, what are your top 3 (work related!) priorities?
Respond to email correspondences, prepare Legal Agreements/Audit Reports and monitor the accuracy of contracts processes on behalf of our clients.
- What did you get up to this morning?
I woke up to a very pleasant surprise – my husband boarded a plane to come home after 4 weeks away.
- What do you do in your lunch break?
Have some lunch and take a 30 minutes walk.
- What happened this afternoon?
I had a face to face meeting with Lorraine on how we can make changes to achieve even greater results. I do not think you ever stop learning about the job so it is always good to look at what can be done to continuously improve.
- Describe a ‘win’ moment you’ve had in the last month.
I found the strength to survive as a ‘temporary’ single mom of four, while my husband is away, and balance it with work. A ‘giant feat’, I must say.
- Has anything gone wrong recently? What happened?!
Oh yes! Being relatively new to the role there are indeed examples of where things have gone wrong. However, the Minerva team are really supportive and make time to mentor and help me. However, for me there are no failures, if you learn and grow from your mistakes; there are only lessons learned.
- Are you a morning ‘up with the lark’ person or a night owl?
Oh my.. It’s so hard to say. Its one thing to desire a thing and another thing to have it! I hate to be an early bird, but that’s my life for now. Always the last to sleep and yet the alarm clock for everyone.
- How do you spend your evenings/weekends?
With family and friends… with a variety of sumptuous meals alongside.
- What do you most like about working for Minerva?
I love the size of the team… we all have different personalities yet work together to achieve a common goal. Trust me, you can’t work with Lorraine and be less than the best you can ever be, so I find myself working hard to attain excellence.
- What piece of advice would you give to your younger self?
When fear knocks, let faith answer.
- Your chosen specialist subject if you were on Mastermind?
I think it will be astronomy… learning about the planet and solar system.